With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it seems like everyone has romance on the brain – well, everyone except Theo Martins. Mixtape leak Lo Fi Love finds the R.I. repper expressing his feelings not for a special lady, but for an entire country and its people. Inspired by a recent trip to Zambia, during which Martin soaked in the nation’s culture and cuisine as well as speaking before a local congregation about his personal and spiritual journey, the record finds beatsmith $port flipping a sample of Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum & Durr’s You Can’t Blame Me as the freestyle series alumnus reflects upon the life-changing experience. After describing the hardship and struggle he witnessed, as well as his trepidation about making his first trip abroad, he goes on to ponder the ways in which his relationship with his parents has affected his grand ambitions, and vice versa. As insightful as it is pleasing to the ear, this cut introduces a side of Theo Martins not encountered on previous features. If you’re digging it, chances are you’ll enjoy the eclectic array of new material set to appear on Sincerely Yours, The Dancefloor, coming “soon.”
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.