With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it seems like everyone has romance on the brain – well, everyone except Theo Martins. Mixtape leak Lo Fi Love finds the R.I. repper expressing his feelings not for a special lady, but for an entire country and its people. Inspired by a recent trip to Zambia, during which Martin soaked in the nation’s culture and cuisine as well as speaking before a local congregation about his personal and spiritual journey, the record finds beatsmith $port flipping a sample of Johnson, Hawkins, Tatum & Durr’s You Can’t Blame Me as the freestyle series alumnus reflects upon the life-changing experience. After describing the hardship and struggle he witnessed, as well as his trepidation about making his first trip abroad, he goes on to ponder the ways in which his relationship with his parents has affected his grand ambitions, and vice versa. As insightful as it is pleasing to the ear, this cut introduces a side of Theo Martins not encountered on previous features. If you’re digging it, chances are you’ll enjoy the eclectic array of new material set to appear on Sincerely Yours, The Dancefloor, coming “soon.”
Written by richard on 01/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.