Apart from the title, what does Kirby’s Airwalk, the new leak from Veni, Vedi, Vici author Theo Martins, have to do with Kirby the video game? Sadly, nothing. There’s nary a King Dedede reference to be found. But that didn’t stop me from reminiscing about my early ‘90s Gameboy days…I know, I know, less nostalgia and more about the track. I’m on it. On Kirby’s Airwalk producer $port crafts a hypnotic, possibly accordion based beat that Martins uses to flex his usual lyrical muscles with lines like, “Just because I’m an outcast, they treat me like Outkast, but my Aquemiminstic attitude got me movin fast.” Sorry other rappers, but you’re going to have to come with it if you want to top a flow like this. Oh, and extra props for the hilarious Danity Kane reference. Well played Theo, well played. For more pop culture influenced hip-hop keep it locked to DJBooth for the release of $port and Martin’s collabo EP You Can’t Do That on Television, dropping April 22 on DJBooth.net.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.