Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Is there any airborne object that hasn’t served as reference point for a rapper’s flyness? Well, I’m sure someone out there will be able to correct me on this, but I can’t recall an emcee emphasizing their dope qualities via a comparison to Balloons, as Theo Martins does on the opening track and latest song release off his forthcoming studio debut. The follow-up to July’s retro-inspired Windows 95, this cut finds the Providence, Rhode Island representative and freestyle series alumnus talking himself up over an appropriately spacey, synth-driven instrumental by Chi-town producer Austin White. Like what you’re hearing? Then you’ll most definitely want to cop Theo Martins’ Welcome to Wonderland, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Theo Martins’ The White Buffalo-directed Balloons visuals.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.