Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Is there any airborne object that hasn’t served as reference point for a rapper’s flyness? Well, I’m sure someone out there will be able to correct me on this, but I can’t recall an emcee emphasizing their dope qualities via a comparison to Balloons, as Theo Martins does on the opening track and latest song release off his forthcoming studio debut. The follow-up to July’s retro-inspired Windows 95, this cut finds the Providence, Rhode Island representative and freestyle series alumnus talking himself up over an appropriately spacey, synth-driven instrumental by Chi-town producer Austin White. Like what you’re hearing? Then you’ll most definitely want to cop Theo Martins’ Welcome to Wonderland, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Theo Martins’ The White Buffalo-directed Balloons visuals.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.