Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Is there any airborne object that hasn’t served as reference point for a rapper’s flyness? Well, I’m sure someone out there will be able to correct me on this, but I can’t recall an emcee emphasizing their dope qualities via a comparison to Balloons, as Theo Martins does on the opening track and latest song release off his forthcoming studio debut. The follow-up to July’s retro-inspired Windows 95, this cut finds the Providence, Rhode Island representative and freestyle series alumnus talking himself up over an appropriately spacey, synth-driven instrumental by Chi-town producer Austin White. Like what you’re hearing? Then you’ll most definitely want to cop Theo Martins’ Welcome to Wonderland, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Theo Martins’ The White Buffalo-directed Balloons visuals.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.