Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Is there any airborne object that hasn’t served as reference point for a rapper’s flyness? Well, I’m sure someone out there will be able to correct me on this, but I can’t recall an emcee emphasizing their dope qualities via a comparison to Balloons, as Theo Martins does on the opening track and latest song release off his forthcoming studio debut. The follow-up to July’s retro-inspired Windows 95, this cut finds the Providence, Rhode Island representative and freestyle series alumnus talking himself up over an appropriately spacey, synth-driven instrumental by Chi-town producer Austin White. Like what you’re hearing? Then you’ll most definitely want to cop Theo Martins’ Welcome to Wonderland, out now.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Theo Martins’ The White Buffalo-directed Balloons visuals.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.