Nowadays, the trendy marketing plan amongst many indie artists is to release new material on a consistent basis as part of a series (see Crooked I‘s Hip-Hop Weekly, K. Sparks‘s Manic Mondays, and XV‘s 40 Days, 40 Nights). Continuing this fad is Rhode Island emcee Theo, who will pick up his remote control on the first and fifteenth of each month for some Channel Surfin’. Airing on Channel 1 is Jurassic Harlem; listeners will instantly be reminded of a young Jay-Z when they hear Theo’s lyricism and vocal tone. Producer Swizz Beatz contributes a ratings-boosting beat, which includes a sample of John Williams’ theme to Jurassic Park. It seems like both Theo and Swizzy know that when you can attract Steven Spielberg fanboys, you’ve really made it big! In two weeks, find out what’s on Channel 2.
Listen to More: Theo Martins
Written by Burmy on 10/6/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.