Nowadays, the trendy marketing plan amongst many indie artists is to release new material on a consistent basis as part of a series (see Crooked I‘s Hip-Hop Weekly, K. Sparks‘s Manic Mondays, and XV‘s 40 Days, 40 Nights). Continuing this fad is Rhode Island emcee Theo, who will pick up his remote control on the first and fifteenth of each month for some Channel Surfin’. Airing on Channel 1 is Jurassic Harlem; listeners will instantly be reminded of a young Jay-Z when they hear Theo’s lyricism and vocal tone. Producer Swizz Beatz contributes a ratings-boosting beat, which includes a sample of John Williams’ theme to Jurassic Park. It seems like both Theo and Swizzy know that when you can attract Steven Spielberg fanboys, you’ve really made it big! In two weeks, find out what’s on Channel 2.
Listen to More: Theo Martins Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.