Nowadays, the trendy marketing plan amongst many indie artists is to release new material on a consistent basis as part of a series (see Crooked I‘s Hip-Hop Weekly, K. Sparks‘s Manic Mondays, and XV‘s 40 Days, 40 Nights). Continuing this fad is Rhode Island emcee Theo, who will pick up his remote control on the first and fifteenth of each month for some Channel Surfin’. Airing on Channel 1 is Jurassic Harlem; listeners will instantly be reminded of a young Jay-Z when they hear Theo’s lyricism and vocal tone. Producer Swizz Beatz contributes a ratings-boosting beat, which includes a sample of John Williams’ theme to Jurassic Park. It seems like both Theo and Swizzy know that when you can attract Steven Spielberg fanboys, you’ve really made it big! In two weeks, find out what’s on Channel 2.
Written by Burmy on 10/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.