Theo kicked off his Channel Surfin’ series with the Swizz Beatz-produced Jurassic Harlem, and on Channel 2 he used production from the late great J. Dilla to complement his lyrical output on Won’t Do. Next up for the Rhode Island emcee is Channel 3, Good Morning America, which could best be described as a “political news/talk channel.” Over a backdrop provided by producer Young E, Theo offers his opinion on overused topics in hip hop (such as drug-dealing and shootouts) and how he intends to bring positivism and hope (that’s RI’s motto) back into hip-hop. For some listeners, the highlight of Good Morning America will be the various sound clips used at the beginning, middle, and end of the record. Take a listen… and just wish you had Theo’s cable plan.
Listen to More: Theo Martins Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.