Theo kicked off his Channel Surfin’ series with the Swizz Beatz-produced Jurassic Harlem, and on Channel 2 he used production from the late great J. Dilla to complement his lyrical output on Won’t Do. Next up for the Rhode Island emcee is Channel 3, Good Morning America, which could best be described as a “political news/talk channel.” Over a backdrop provided by producer Young E, Theo offers his opinion on overused topics in hip hop (such as drug-dealing and shootouts) and how he intends to bring positivism and hope (that’s RI’s motto) back into hip-hop. For some listeners, the highlight of Good Morning America will be the various sound clips used at the beginning, middle, and end of the record. Take a listen… and just wish you had Theo’s cable plan.
Written by Burmy on 11/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Language" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.