When I first read the title of theO‘s Booth debut, I was a little confused. Was he trying to imply the record was just so-so? Turns out, I was thinking too much like an American. In actuality, new single eh is named for the interjection that Canadians (stereotypical ones, anyway) like to append to every other sentence. Here, Spliff Jacksun‘s delicate piano loops set a breezy, laid-back mood as the T-Dot repper celebrates his mic skills and his North of the Border heritage in quirky and self-effacing, yet charismatic verses. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop the up-and-comer’s Something Changed EP when it drops independently later this month.
Written by richard on 06/5/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.