When I first read the title of theO‘s Booth debut, I was a little confused. Was he trying to imply the record was just so-so? Turns out, I was thinking too much like an American. In actuality, new single eh is named for the interjection that Canadians (stereotypical ones, anyway) like to append to every other sentence. Here, Spliff Jacksun‘s delicate piano loops set a breezy, laid-back mood as the T-Dot repper celebrates his mic skills and his North of the Border heritage in quirky and self-effacing, yet charismatic verses. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop the up-and-comer’s Something Changed EP when it drops independently later this month.
Written by richard on 06/5/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.