When I first read the title of theO‘s Booth debut, I was a little confused. Was he trying to imply the record was just so-so? Turns out, I was thinking too much like an American. In actuality, new single eh is named for the interjection that Canadians (stereotypical ones, anyway) like to append to every other sentence. Here, Spliff Jacksun‘s delicate piano loops set a breezy, laid-back mood as the T-Dot repper celebrates his mic skills and his North of the Border heritage in quirky and self-effacing, yet charismatic verses. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop the up-and-comer’s Something Changed EP when it drops independently later this month.
Written by richard on 06/5/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.