When I first read the title of theO‘s Booth debut, I was a little confused. Was he trying to imply the record was just so-so? Turns out, I was thinking too much like an American. In actuality, new single eh is named for the interjection that Canadians (stereotypical ones, anyway) like to append to every other sentence. Here, Spliff Jacksun‘s delicate piano loops set a breezy, laid-back mood as the T-Dot repper celebrates his mic skills and his North of the Border heritage in quirky and self-effacing, yet charismatic verses. Like what you’re hearing? Then be sure to cop the up-and-comer’s Something Changed EP when it drops independently later this month.
Written by richard on 06/5/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.