Thanks to the Internet, not only is music readily available in copious supply, but it also allows for dope collaborations; a producer and emcee can team up to create your new favorite song from opposite ends of the globe. Thello Jay, however, prefers to keep things close, teaming up with The Innovatorz for his latest, Jon Connor-assisted cut Dream Out. Jay’s relationship with the production team goes beyond the business world. The Chicago native met Pyro (of the Innovatorz) when he was 15 and credits the producer for becoming more serious about his music. You can hear their strong bond on Dream Out, on which The Innovatorz craft a high-energy beat that sounds perfect for backing Jay’s steadfast flow. While guest Connor may not know the Innovatorz like Jay, he nonetheless destroys the beat with a rapid-fire, virulent flow, sure to make you dream of more from the duo. Jay’s Tower Lights project, from which this cut will be housed, is set to drop this spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/17/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.