Thanks to the Internet, not only is music readily available in copious supply, but it also allows for dope collaborations; a producer and emcee can team up to create your new favorite song from opposite ends of the globe. Thello Jay, however, prefers to keep things close, teaming up with The Innovatorz for his latest, Jon Connor-assisted cut Dream Out. Jay’s relationship with the production team goes beyond the business world. The Chicago native met Pyro (of the Innovatorz) when he was 15 and credits the producer for becoming more serious about his music. You can hear their strong bond on Dream Out, on which The Innovatorz craft a high-energy beat that sounds perfect for backing Jay’s steadfast flow. While guest Connor may not know the Innovatorz like Jay, he nonetheless destroys the beat with a rapid-fire, virulent flow, sure to make you dream of more from the duo. Jay’s Tower Lights project, from which this cut will be housed, is set to drop this spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/17/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.