Lately, Thee Tom Hardy has made himself scarce on our pages. (His last Booth feature, PB&T, hit the Booth way back in May 2013.) The Reason Y? Simple: the Carolina representative has been hard at work on his next album, which is now nearing completion. On the project’s freshly-released lead single, Hardy puts his best foot forward, delivering verses as wise and relatable as they are masterfully flowed. As he reflects on the false glitter of fame and fortune, the inevitability of self-doubt and his own ironclad dedication to his craft, Brad Brown serves up an understated beat driven by a minor-key guitar riff. The aforementioned full-length currently lacks both a title and a drop date but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.