Lately, Thee Tom Hardy has made himself scarce on our pages. (His last Booth feature, PB&T, hit the Booth way back in May 2013.) The Reason Y? Simple: the Carolina representative has been hard at work on his next album, which is now nearing completion. On the project’s freshly-released lead single, Hardy puts his best foot forward, delivering verses as wise and relatable as they are masterfully flowed. As he reflects on the false glitter of fame and fortune, the inevitability of self-doubt and his own ironclad dedication to his craft, Brad Brown serves up an understated beat driven by a minor-key guitar riff. The aforementioned full-length currently lacks both a title and a drop date but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.