“Fables and tall tales” are all well and good when you’re rocking a toga in 600 BC but, in the modern-day rap game, that sh*t isn’t gonna fly—not if Thee Tom Hardy has anything to say about it. On this potential album cut, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the First in Flight State repper bemoans the lack of realness currently plaguing the industry. Beatsmith Laphelle provides a low-key, head-noddable backdrop for the longtime reader fave’s bars, which come packed with his usual witty punchlines and polysyllabic rhyme schemes. This joint is in the running for inclusion on Another Guerrilla Broadcast, dropping this spring as the sequel to Hardy’s DJBooth-hosted Guerrilla Broadcast LP.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)