“Fables and tall tales” are all well and good when you’re rocking a toga in 600 BC but, in the modern-day rap game, that sh*t isn’t gonna fly—not if Thee Tom Hardy has anything to say about it. On this potential album cut, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the First in Flight State repper bemoans the lack of realness currently plaguing the industry. Beatsmith Laphelle provides a low-key, head-noddable backdrop for the longtime reader fave’s bars, which come packed with his usual witty punchlines and polysyllabic rhyme schemes. This joint is in the running for inclusion on Another Guerrilla Broadcast, dropping this spring as the sequel to Hardy’s DJBooth-hosted Guerrilla Broadcast LP.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.