“Fables and tall tales” are all well and good when you’re rocking a toga in 600 BC but, in the modern-day rap game, that sh*t isn’t gonna fly—not if Thee Tom Hardy has anything to say about it. On this potential album cut, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the First in Flight State repper bemoans the lack of realness currently plaguing the industry. Beatsmith Laphelle provides a low-key, head-noddable backdrop for the longtime reader fave’s bars, which come packed with his usual witty punchlines and polysyllabic rhyme schemes. This joint is in the running for inclusion on Another Guerrilla Broadcast, dropping this spring as the sequel to Hardy’s DJBooth-hosted Guerrilla Broadcast LP.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.