“Fables and tall tales” are all well and good when you’re rocking a toga in 600 BC but, in the modern-day rap game, that sh*t isn’t gonna fly—not if Thee Tom Hardy has anything to say about it. On this potential album cut, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the First in Flight State repper bemoans the lack of realness currently plaguing the industry. Beatsmith Laphelle provides a low-key, head-noddable backdrop for the longtime reader fave’s bars, which come packed with his usual witty punchlines and polysyllabic rhyme schemes. This joint is in the running for inclusion on Another Guerrilla Broadcast, dropping this spring as the sequel to Hardy’s DJBooth-hosted Guerrilla Broadcast LP.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.