Are you the owner of a Jeep with blown-out speakers… or Any Type of car with any type of speakers? Then Thee Tom Hardy‘s latest feature is your jam. (If you, like me, don’t own a whip, I’m sure he won’t mind you listening in.) Coming on the heels of LP lead single The Reason Y, this potential album inclusion boasts a grittier vibe than the aforementioned cut. Though Hardy’s own beat (produced as Thomas Hardison) is designed for the streets, he doesn’t take that as an excuse to slack on the lyrical tip; his bars are every bit as complex, witty and wide-ranging as we’ve come to expect from the Durham representative. Think this cut deserves a place on Tom’s debut set? Debate away—and keep your browsers locked for further details on the set, which currently lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/20/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Rap Gr8" (2009)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.