Way back in March of 2009, theBREAX introduced themselves to Booth readers with For What, a retro-informed single so fresh that, by the time listeners realized the Cali trio were preaching a very different message from your average hip-hop act, they were already hooked. Two years later, they’re back with, well, More Of the same: uniquely dope hip-hop music designed to get heads nodding to the Good News. Lex Luthorz handles the beat, flipping some African-style chants a la Kanye‘s Power as rappers Ruslan, Beleaf, Mic B showcase a commitment to dope lyricism as ironclad as their faith; whether you agree or disagree, you’ve gotta respect emcees who can lace a beat with lines like “...pseudo-spirituality mixed with postmodernistic thought only causes more casualties.” So, have theBREAX succeeded in elevating your spirit – or least gotten your toes tapping? Keep it locked; though this is just a promo single, you can rest assured we’ll bring you all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 03/21/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.