Way back in March of 2009, theBREAX introduced themselves to Booth readers with For What, a retro-informed single so fresh that, by the time listeners realized the Cali trio were preaching a very different message from your average hip-hop act, they were already hooked. Two years later, they’re back with, well, More Of the same: uniquely dope hip-hop music designed to get heads nodding to the Good News. Lex Luthorz handles the beat, flipping some African-style chants a la Kanye‘s Power as rappers Ruslan, Beleaf, Mic B showcase a commitment to dope lyricism as ironclad as their faith; whether you agree or disagree, you’ve gotta respect emcees who can lace a beat with lines like “...pseudo-spirituality mixed with postmodernistic thought only causes more casualties.” So, have theBREAX succeeded in elevating your spirit – or least gotten your toes tapping? Keep it locked; though this is just a promo single, you can rest assured we’ll bring you all the latest news and tunes!
Written by richard on 03/21/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.