Plenty of Christian musical acts have attempted to proudly proclaim the Good News while still appealing to secular eardrums, but none to my knowledge have nailed that balance like theBREAX. Without fail, the Cali-based crew’s jams come so packed with scorching beats and head-spinning turns of phrase that the message doesn’t jump out at me till spin number three or four. No exception to this rule, new REMIXWednesdays entry Clap Your Hands finds Ruslan, Beleaf and Mic B demonstrating that praising the Lord in no way precludes getting your groove on (unless you go to that one church from Footloose, in which case you need Kevin Bacon’s permission). Here, Black Violin gets the crowd jumping with uptempo percussion and frantic string licks as the crew, along with Ohio-repping guest D-Maub drop rhymes slightly different in subject matter than those on your average club cut, but no less energizing—in the process showcasing some absolutely dynamite flows. Digging this body-moving yet spiritually-uplifting selection? Then keep it locked for further entries in theBREAX’ weekly series, as well as release details on forthcoming mixtape BREAX OVER 3.
Written by richard on 07/7/11
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.