Plenty of Christian musical acts have attempted to proudly proclaim the Good News while still appealing to secular eardrums, but none to my knowledge have nailed that balance like theBREAX. Without fail, the Cali-based crew’s jams come so packed with scorching beats and head-spinning turns of phrase that the message doesn’t jump out at me till spin number three or four. No exception to this rule, new REMIXWednesdays entry Clap Your Hands finds Ruslan, Beleaf and Mic B demonstrating that praising the Lord in no way precludes getting your groove on (unless you go to that one church from Footloose, in which case you need Kevin Bacon’s permission). Here, Black Violin gets the crowd jumping with uptempo percussion and frantic string licks as the crew, along with Ohio-repping guest D-Maub drop rhymes slightly different in subject matter than those on your average club cut, but no less energizing—in the process showcasing some absolutely dynamite flows. Digging this body-moving yet spiritually-uplifting selection? Then keep it locked for further entries in theBREAX’ weekly series, as well as release details on forthcoming mixtape BREAX OVER 3.
Written by richard on 07/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.