Though “Charisma” is today used to describe an individual’s magnetic personality (their swagger, if you will), the word carries with it the older, theological meaning of “a divinely conferred gift or presence.” In addition to having that je ne sais quoi that pulls listeners in, San Diego crew theBREAX are proud to admit that they owe all their talent, and the resulting successes, to the Man Upstairs. On their latest remixWEDNESDAYS installment and mixtape leak, Ruslan, Beleaf and Mic B showcase their divinely inspired pen game, lacing DJ Official‘s funky sample work with spirited (literally!) braggadocio: “The purpose of my emceein’ is to highlight my connection with a higher bein’ / meanin’ his gifts make me confident and different, translate into charisma which is given by a spirit.” G.O.O.D. Music representative Fonzworth Bentley delivers the coup de grâce (Can you tell I’ve been brushing up on my French lately?), demonstrating his water-walking skills in a characteristically dapper closing verse. Digging this pious banger? Peep the record’s official video
and download the BREAX OVER III here.
Written by richard on 08/17/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.