Though “Charisma” is today used to describe an individual’s magnetic personality (their swagger, if you will), the word carries with it the older, theological meaning of “a divinely conferred gift or presence.” In addition to having that je ne sais quoi that pulls listeners in, San Diego crew theBREAX are proud to admit that they owe all their talent, and the resulting successes, to the Man Upstairs. On their latest remixWEDNESDAYS installment and mixtape leak, Ruslan, Beleaf and Mic B showcase their divinely inspired pen game, lacing DJ Official‘s funky sample work with spirited (literally!) braggadocio: “The purpose of my emceein’ is to highlight my connection with a higher bein’ / meanin’ his gifts make me confident and different, translate into charisma which is given by a spirit.” G.O.O.D. Music representative Fonzworth Bentley delivers the coup de grâce (Can you tell I’ve been brushing up on my French lately?), demonstrating his water-walking skills in a characteristically dapper closing verse. Digging this pious banger? Peep the record’s official video
and download the BREAX OVER III here.
Written by richard on 08/17/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.