In April, BLKHRTS made their grand entrance into the Booth with A Song For…, a single which found the underground crew putting a creative hip-hop spin on Lana Del Rey‘s Video Games. Call it coincidence or call it synchronicity, but today we find a NYC duo with similar taste in orthography introducing themselves with their own trippy reimagining of the hit 2011 single. Despite the similarity in concept, THEBLKHANDS’ Downtown is fresh and surprising in execution, with producer ILLA wreathing the aforementioned sample in dreamlike studio effects as Cazzie Jetson and Dominic Serendip deliver alternately boastful and reflective bars. Fresh off releasing digital album Theo vs. J.J. (Dreams vs. Reality) for streaming and digital purchase in the Booth, Skyzoo grabs the mic to contribute guest rhymes to the cut. Details on the group’s forthcoming album have yet to be announced, but those who like what they’re hearing can keep their browsers locked for more info, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 08/31/12
NYC hip-hop trio THEBLKHANDS have come together with The DJBooth to bring fans their digital debut album, Serbia. The project features 16 original jams (plus two bonus tracks!) from the up-and-coming crew, made up of emcees...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.