It’s rare for a song to hit the speakers and have the listener’s face go from a curious raised eyebrow to immediate screwface, but when the beat drops and the rapping begins on The Wurx’s No Ordinary, featuring veteran Peedi Crakk, that’s exactly what transpires. West Philadelphia production duo (and cousins) G Moolah and Trons take turns on the microphone to spit deadly precise rhythms and patterns that match the manic style Crakk always brings to a track, creating an adrenaline rising record similar to that of Ghostface’s Run. The production is Jam Master Jay meets RZA as The Wurxs do double-duty behind the boards for a boom-bap in space vibe. Released as a promo single by Soulspazm Records, No Ordinary is blistering, punishing and feels as authentic as anything created during the first or second golden eras of hip-hop.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/16/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Death From Above" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.