It’s rare for a song to hit the speakers and have the listener’s face go from a curious raised eyebrow to immediate screwface, but when the beat drops and the rapping begins on The Wurx’s No Ordinary, featuring veteran Peedi Crakk, that’s exactly what transpires. West Philadelphia production duo (and cousins) G Moolah and Trons take turns on the microphone to spit deadly precise rhythms and patterns that match the manic style Crakk always brings to a track, creating an adrenaline rising record similar to that of Ghostface’s Run. The production is Jam Master Jay meets RZA as The Wurxs do double-duty behind the boards for a boom-bap in space vibe. Released as a promo single by Soulspazm Records, No Ordinary is blistering, punishing and feels as authentic as anything created during the first or second golden eras of hip-hop.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Death From Above" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.