It’s rare for a song to hit the speakers and have the listener’s face go from a curious raised eyebrow to immediate screwface, but when the beat drops and the rapping begins on The Wurx’s No Ordinary, featuring veteran Peedi Crakk, that’s exactly what transpires. West Philadelphia production duo (and cousins) G Moolah and Trons take turns on the microphone to spit deadly precise rhythms and patterns that match the manic style Crakk always brings to a track, creating an adrenaline rising record similar to that of Ghostface’s Run. The production is Jam Master Jay meets RZA as The Wurxs do double-duty behind the boards for a boom-bap in space vibe. Released as a promo single by Soulspazm Records, No Ordinary is blistering, punishing and feels as authentic as anything created during the first or second golden eras of hip-hop.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Death From Above" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.