It’s rare for a song to hit the speakers and have the listener’s face go from a curious raised eyebrow to immediate screwface, but when the beat drops and the rapping begins on The Wurx’s No Ordinary, featuring veteran Peedi Crakk, that’s exactly what transpires. West Philadelphia production duo (and cousins) G Moolah and Trons take turns on the microphone to spit deadly precise rhythms and patterns that match the manic style Crakk always brings to a track, creating an adrenaline rising record similar to that of Ghostface’s Run. The production is Jam Master Jay meets RZA as The Wurxs do double-duty behind the boards for a boom-bap in space vibe. Released as a promo single by Soulspazm Records, No Ordinary is blistering, punishing and feels as authentic as anything created during the first or second golden eras of hip-hop.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Death From Above" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.