Although their January ‘11, Booth debut, No Ordinary, received a warm welcome from Boothgoers, The Wurx have not visited the DJBooth in 13 months. Finally, the Philly duo has returns, this time with another gritty effort. Death From Above is a self-production, based heavily on a speedy vocal chop linked to a chiming effect and an interesting drum beat. The duo, made up of G. Moolah and Trons, share the track, demonstrating their deep, unwavering flows that blend together better than a strawberry and banana smoothie. The pair show their versatility, switching up the beat two-and-a-half minutes in, instead opting for a more airy track, while keeping their fluidity intact, a task that is no so easy. The dynamic duo have a mixtape in The Wurxs, and while nothing is confirmed, we’re pretty sure it won’t be another year before we hear from them again.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Ordinary" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)