Although their January ‘11, Booth debut, No Ordinary, received a warm welcome from Boothgoers, The Wurx have not visited the DJBooth in 13 months. Finally, the Philly duo has returns, this time with another gritty effort. Death From Above is a self-production, based heavily on a speedy vocal chop linked to a chiming effect and an interesting drum beat. The duo, made up of G. Moolah and Trons, share the track, demonstrating their deep, unwavering flows that blend together better than a strawberry and banana smoothie. The pair show their versatility, switching up the beat two-and-a-half minutes in, instead opting for a more airy track, while keeping their fluidity intact, a task that is no so easy. The dynamic duo have a mixtape in The Wurxs, and while nothing is confirmed, we’re pretty sure it won’t be another year before we hear from them again.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Ordinary" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.