Although their January ‘11, Booth debut, No Ordinary, received a warm welcome from Boothgoers, The Wurx have not visited the DJBooth in 13 months. Finally, the Philly duo has returns, this time with another gritty effort. Death From Above is a self-production, based heavily on a speedy vocal chop linked to a chiming effect and an interesting drum beat. The duo, made up of G. Moolah and Trons, share the track, demonstrating their deep, unwavering flows that blend together better than a strawberry and banana smoothie. The pair show their versatility, switching up the beat two-and-a-half minutes in, instead opting for a more airy track, while keeping their fluidity intact, a task that is no so easy. The dynamic duo have a mixtape in The Wurxs, and while nothing is confirmed, we’re pretty sure it won’t be another year before we hear from them again.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Ordinary" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.