Although their January ‘11, Booth debut, No Ordinary, received a warm welcome from Boothgoers, The Wurx have not visited the DJBooth in 13 months. Finally, the Philly duo has returns, this time with another gritty effort. Death From Above is a self-production, based heavily on a speedy vocal chop linked to a chiming effect and an interesting drum beat. The duo, made up of G. Moolah and Trons, share the track, demonstrating their deep, unwavering flows that blend together better than a strawberry and banana smoothie. The pair show their versatility, switching up the beat two-and-a-half minutes in, instead opting for a more airy track, while keeping their fluidity intact, a task that is no so easy. The dynamic duo have a mixtape in The Wurxs, and while nothing is confirmed, we’re pretty sure it won’t be another year before we hear from them again.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Ordinary" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!