UPDATE: We’ve added the brand new visuals to Masterpiece.
It ain’t every day you get to experience a true musical Masterpiece, but The Wow and Method Man seem to have one on on their hands. At least, that’s what the record is called—whether it lives up to the title is for you to decide. On this new single, part of the Hollywood-based duo’s forthcoming self-titled full-length, in-house producer Balthazar Getty layers ominous keys over a laid-back, yet subtly driving boom bap rhythm as crewmate KO The Legend chronicles his 24/7 paper chase in grimy, hard-hitting verses. Meth steps into the spotlight on the middle, giving his enemies the brush-off as he outlines his philosophy on the hustle: “I’m a real man, feed my family then feed my dogs / Nothin’ left but humble pie and them haters can eat it all.” DJ Wonder assists behind the wheels of steel. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the May release of The Wow’s freshman full-length.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
Purple Haus Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.