UPDATE: We’ve added the brand new visuals to Masterpiece.
It ain’t every day you get to experience a true musical Masterpiece, but The Wow and Method Man seem to have one on on their hands. At least, that’s what the record is called—whether it lives up to the title is for you to decide. On this new single, part of the Hollywood-based duo’s forthcoming self-titled full-length, in-house producer Balthazar Getty layers ominous keys over a laid-back, yet subtly driving boom bap rhythm as crewmate KO The Legend chronicles his 24/7 paper chase in grimy, hard-hitting verses. Meth steps into the spotlight on the middle, giving his enemies the brush-off as he outlines his philosophy on the hustle: “I’m a real man, feed my family then feed my dogs / Nothin’ left but humble pie and them haters can eat it all.” DJ Wonder assists behind the wheels of steel. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the May release of The Wow’s freshman full-length.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Purple Haus Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)