UPDATE: We’ve added the brand new visuals to Masterpiece.
It ain’t every day you get to experience a true musical Masterpiece, but The Wow and Method Man seem to have one on on their hands. At least, that’s what the record is called—whether it lives up to the title is for you to decide. On this new single, part of the Hollywood-based duo’s forthcoming self-titled full-length, in-house producer Balthazar Getty layers ominous keys over a laid-back, yet subtly driving boom bap rhythm as crewmate KO The Legend chronicles his 24/7 paper chase in grimy, hard-hitting verses. Meth steps into the spotlight on the middle, giving his enemies the brush-off as he outlines his philosophy on the hustle: “I’m a real man, feed my family then feed my dogs / Nothin’ left but humble pie and them haters can eat it all.” DJ Wonder assists behind the wheels of steel. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the May release of The Wow’s freshman full-length.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
Purple Haus Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.