When you hear a hip-hop crew’s name enough times, it becomes so familiar that you no longer think about the meaning of the words as you read or pronounce them. That’s fine when you’re Odd Future Wolf Gang or Salt-N-Pepa, but Booth newcomers The Winners Circle (not to be confused with the previously-featured Winners Circle) want their moniker to be understood in its full, literal sense. On their latest single and debut Booth feature, an exclusive world premiere, crewmates Don Cerino, Kyle Jeeda, City Da God and Chuck Brown emphasize that they are indeed a Circle of Winners. Of course, they don’t just say it; delivering hard-hitting verses over their own head-noddable, keyboard-sampled production, they prove themselves eminently worthy of the name. Or have I got it twisted? If you think they deserve a blue ribbon, keep your browsers locked for the latest on their self-titled debut album, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Man Standing" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.