When you hear a hip-hop crew’s name enough times, it becomes so familiar that you no longer think about the meaning of the words as you read or pronounce them. That’s fine when you’re Odd Future Wolf Gang or Salt-N-Pepa, but Booth newcomers The Winners Circle (not to be confused with the previously-featured Winners Circle) want their moniker to be understood in its full, literal sense. On their latest single and debut Booth feature, an exclusive world premiere, crewmates Don Cerino, Kyle Jeeda, City Da God and Chuck Brown emphasize that they are indeed a Circle of Winners. Of course, they don’t just say it; delivering hard-hitting verses over their own head-noddable, keyboard-sampled production, they prove themselves eminently worthy of the name. Or have I got it twisted? If you think they deserve a blue ribbon, keep your browsers locked for the latest on their self-titled debut album, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Man Standing" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)