When you hear a hip-hop crew’s name enough times, it becomes so familiar that you no longer think about the meaning of the words as you read or pronounce them. That’s fine when you’re Odd Future Wolf Gang or Salt-N-Pepa, but Booth newcomers The Winners Circle (not to be confused with the previously-featured Winners Circle) want their moniker to be understood in its full, literal sense. On their latest single and debut Booth feature, an exclusive world premiere, crewmates Don Cerino, Kyle Jeeda, City Da God and Chuck Brown emphasize that they are indeed a Circle of Winners. Of course, they don’t just say it; delivering hard-hitting verses over their own head-noddable, keyboard-sampled production, they prove themselves eminently worthy of the name. Or have I got it twisted? If you think they deserve a blue ribbon, keep your browsers locked for the latest on their self-titled debut album, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by richard on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Man Standing" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.