UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” for the new visuals for Wicked Games. Mobile users can scroll down.
It’s official: Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye and his XO imprint have become a part of the Universal Republic family. For his first major label project, the buzzmaking singer, songwriter and producer will be bringing together standout cuts from his acclaimed mixtape Trilogy (House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence, in case you’ve been living under a rock.) for release as a brand new compilation album. A remixed/mastered version of a jam off his mixtape debut, lead single Wicked Games epitomizes the T-Dot crooner’s louche sex appeal; over a subterranean arrangement by co-producers Doc McKinnon and IllAngelo, the artist recounts how he left his steady girl home alone in order to seek love in the arms of a stripper. Fans will be able to find this record, along with selections from Weeknd’s 2011 output and a few previously-unreleased jams, on Trilogy, which drops November 13. And for those who just can’t wait, this single will be available for purchase on iTunes before the month is out.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.