UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” for the new visuals for Wicked Games. Mobile users can scroll down.
It’s official: Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye and his XO imprint have become a part of the Universal Republic family. For his first major label project, the buzzmaking singer, songwriter and producer will be bringing together standout cuts from his acclaimed mixtape Trilogy (House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence, in case you’ve been living under a rock.) for release as a brand new compilation album. A remixed/mastered version of a jam off his mixtape debut, lead single Wicked Games epitomizes the T-Dot crooner’s louche sex appeal; over a subterranean arrangement by co-producers Doc McKinnon and IllAngelo, the artist recounts how he left his steady girl home alone in order to seek love in the arms of a stripper. Fans will be able to find this record, along with selections from Weeknd’s 2011 output and a few previously-unreleased jams, on Trilogy, which drops November 13. And for those who just can’t wait, this single will be available for purchase on iTunes before the month is out.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
It was just over two years ago that the world was struggling to figure out who The Weeknd was: wait, so they’re a group? But in the short time since we learned The Weeknd was, despite what grammar might suggest, really just...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.