UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” for the new visuals for Wicked Games. Mobile users can scroll down.
It’s official: Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye and his XO imprint have become a part of the Universal Republic family. For his first major label project, the buzzmaking singer, songwriter and producer will be bringing together standout cuts from his acclaimed mixtape Trilogy (House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence, in case you’ve been living under a rock.) for release as a brand new compilation album. A remixed/mastered version of a jam off his mixtape debut, lead single Wicked Games epitomizes the T-Dot crooner’s louche sex appeal; over a subterranean arrangement by co-producers Doc McKinnon and IllAngelo, the artist recounts how he left his steady girl home alone in order to seek love in the arms of a stripper. Fans will be able to find this record, along with selections from Weeknd’s 2011 output and a few previously-unreleased jams, on Trilogy, which drops November 13. And for those who just can’t wait, this single will be available for purchase on iTunes before the month is out.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.