UPDATE: Click “Watch Video” for the new visuals for Wicked Games. Mobile users can scroll down.
It’s official: Abel “The Weeknd” Tesfaye and his XO imprint have become a part of the Universal Republic family. For his first major label project, the buzzmaking singer, songwriter and producer will be bringing together standout cuts from his acclaimed mixtape Trilogy (House of Balloons, Thursday and Echoes of Silence, in case you’ve been living under a rock.) for release as a brand new compilation album. A remixed/mastered version of a jam off his mixtape debut, lead single Wicked Games epitomizes the T-Dot crooner’s louche sex appeal; over a subterranean arrangement by co-producers Doc McKinnon and IllAngelo, the artist recounts how he left his steady girl home alone in order to seek love in the arms of a stripper. Fans will be able to find this record, along with selections from Weeknd’s 2011 output and a few previously-unreleased jams, on Trilogy, which drops November 13. And for those who just can’t wait, this single will be available for purchase on iTunes before the month is out.
Written by richard on 09/17/12
It was just over two years ago that the world was struggling to figure out who The Weeknd was: wait, so they’re a group? But in the short time since we learned The Weeknd was, despite what grammar might suggest, really just...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.