For most single men on the prowl, the biggest challenge is getting women to go home with them. In Abel Tesfaye’s case, it’s getting them to leave. Originally included as a bonus track on The Weeknd‘s House of Balloons tape, new single Twenty Eight continues to explore the T-Dot singer’s ambivalent relationship with the opposite sex. Over Doc McKinney and Illangelo‘s characteristically moody boardwork, he addresses a girl who overstayed her welcome, and proceeded to spill the details on their tryst to all her friends. Despite her constant meddling in his life, he can’t muster up the willpower to cut her off for good. NABIL ties the package together with some NSFW official visuals. Fans can find Twenty Eight, previous singles Wicked Games and The Zone, and much more on Universal Republic debut Trilogy, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
It was just over two years ago that the world was struggling to figure out who The Weeknd was: wait, so they’re a group? But in the short time since we learned The Weeknd was, despite what grammar might suggest, really just...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.