For most single men on the prowl, the biggest challenge is getting women to go home with them. In Abel Tesfaye’s case, it’s getting them to leave. Originally included as a bonus track on The Weeknd‘s House of Balloons tape, new single Twenty Eight continues to explore the T-Dot singer’s ambivalent relationship with the opposite sex. Over Doc McKinney and Illangelo‘s characteristically moody boardwork, he addresses a girl who overstayed her welcome, and proceeded to spill the details on their tryst to all her friends. Despite her constant meddling in his life, he can’t muster up the willpower to cut her off for good. NABIL ties the package together with some NSFW official visuals. Fans can find Twenty Eight, previous singles Wicked Games and The Zone, and much more on Universal Republic debut Trilogy, out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 02/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.