Though The Weeknd sounds like just about no one else in the game right now, the influence of hip-hop hitmaker Drake on the up-and-coming R&B singer’s style and sound is undeniable. Today, Abel Tesfaye offers his take on Trust Issues, a recent release by his T-Dot neighbor (currently #2 on the Booth’s R&B/Pop Chart). If you’re digging this haunting reimagining of the 40 and Adrian X-produced jam (and you happen to reside in Ontario), you can catch both Drizzy and Weeknd at the former’s OVO Fest, going down July 31, in Toronto.
Written by richard on 06/27/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.