Though The Weeknd sounds like just about no one else in the game right now, the influence of hip-hop hitmaker Drake on the up-and-coming R&B singer’s style and sound is undeniable. Today, Abel Tesfaye offers his take on Trust Issues, a recent release by his T-Dot neighbor (currently #2 on the Booth’s R&B/Pop Chart). If you’re digging this haunting reimagining of the 40 and Adrian X-produced jam (and you happen to reside in Ontario), you can catch both Drizzy and Weeknd at the former’s OVO Fest, going down July 31, in Toronto.
Written by richard on 06/27/11
Submit your Rating
The Weeknd XO, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.