Update: Click “Watch Video” above to view the Abel Tesfaye-directed The Zone video. Mobile users can scroll down. Trilogy will be released via Universal Republic on November 13.
Artists always complain about how hard it is to grab the attention of a music listening populace inundated with options, but I don’t see what’s so difficult. All you have to do is be from the same hometown as a platinum selling artist like Drake, get him your music and have him continually mention how great you are in interviews. What’s so hard about that? The Weeknd may have made that unlikely scenario look easy but he’s made the music to back up the hype, including standout cut The Zone. In typical Week
end fashion producers Doc McKinney and Illangelo craft a hazy beat that pours like codeine syrup through the headphones, giving The Weeknd ample opportunity to croon his trademark lyrics in atmospheric fashion while aforementioned co-signer Drake comes through on the rap tip, paying tribute to all the artists who practice their craft on the pole. So now it’s up to you Booth Nation – has this much anticipated collaboration lived up to the hype? Let us know in the comments below, and for more sex, love and (massive amounts of) drugs be sure to download The Weeknd’s second EP in his trilogy, Thursday.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/8/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.