“Pretty” feels like too innocuous an adjective to apply to The Weeknd‘s music. The T-Dot R&B phenom’s work is kind of like the colorful patterns on a poisonous snake: beautiful in a certain light, but you don’t want to get too close. Despite its title, this freshly-released single epitomizes that mix of allure and menace. Backed by DannyBoyStyles, DaHeala and Bizzy‘s moody, atmospheric production, the singer addresses the unfaithful woman who’s been waiting for him back home, coolly telling her that she’ll “never feel as pretty” as she does in his arms. An unknown director’s sumptuous, cinematic visuals round out the package. For this joint, previous single Love in the Sky and much more, check out Weeknd’s Kiss Land LP, released on Tuesday via Universal Republic.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!