“Pretty” feels like too innocuous an adjective to apply to The Weeknd‘s music. The T-Dot R&B phenom’s work is kind of like the colorful patterns on a poisonous snake: beautiful in a certain light, but you don’t want to get too close. Despite its title, this freshly-released single epitomizes that mix of allure and menace. Backed by DannyBoyStyles, DaHeala and Bizzy‘s moody, atmospheric production, the singer addresses the unfaithful woman who’s been waiting for him back home, coolly telling her that she’ll “never feel as pretty” as she does in his arms. An unknown director’s sumptuous, cinematic visuals round out the package. For this joint, previous single Love in the Sky and much more, check out Weeknd’s Kiss Land LP, released on Tuesday via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 09/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.