“Pretty” feels like too innocuous an adjective to apply to The Weeknd‘s music. The T-Dot R&B phenom’s work is kind of like the colorful patterns on a poisonous snake: beautiful in a certain light, but you don’t want to get too close. Despite its title, this freshly-released single epitomizes that mix of allure and menace. Backed by DannyBoyStyles, DaHeala and Bizzy‘s moody, atmospheric production, the singer addresses the unfaithful woman who’s been waiting for him back home, coolly telling her that she’ll “never feel as pretty” as she does in his arms. An unknown director’s sumptuous, cinematic visuals round out the package. For this joint, previous single Love in the Sky and much more, check out Weeknd’s Kiss Land LP, released on Tuesday via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 09/20/13
In an age when the Internet is the dominant source for new music, it's almost near impossible to get the attention of the masses like it was in the pre-WWW era. Now, you have to bring something fresh to the table on a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.