“Pretty” feels like too innocuous an adjective to apply to The Weeknd‘s music. The T-Dot R&B phenom’s work is kind of like the colorful patterns on a poisonous snake: beautiful in a certain light, but you don’t want to get too close. Despite its title, this freshly-released single epitomizes that mix of allure and menace. Backed by DannyBoyStyles, DaHeala and Bizzy‘s moody, atmospheric production, the singer addresses the unfaithful woman who’s been waiting for him back home, coolly telling her that she’ll “never feel as pretty” as she does in his arms. An unknown director’s sumptuous, cinematic visuals round out the package. For this joint, previous single Love in the Sky and much more, check out Weeknd’s Kiss Land LP, released on Tuesday via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 09/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)