“Pretty” feels like too innocuous an adjective to apply to The Weeknd‘s music. The T-Dot R&B phenom’s work is kind of like the colorful patterns on a poisonous snake: beautiful in a certain light, but you don’t want to get too close. Despite its title, this freshly-released single epitomizes that mix of allure and menace. Backed by DannyBoyStyles, DaHeala and Bizzy‘s moody, atmospheric production, the singer addresses the unfaithful woman who’s been waiting for him back home, coolly telling her that she’ll “never feel as pretty” as she does in his arms. An unknown director’s sumptuous, cinematic visuals round out the package. For this joint, previous single Love in the Sky and much more, check out Weeknd’s Kiss Land LP, released on Tuesday via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 09/20/13
In an age when the Internet is the dominant source for new music, it's almost near impossible to get the attention of the masses like it was in the pre-WWW era. Now, you have to bring something fresh to the table on a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.