According to Sigmund Freud, flying in dreams is always a veiled reference to sex. (So is almost everything else, but I digress…) The Weeknd follows in the father of psychoanalysis’ footsteps on single number three off his debut set, telling a female companion, “We’ll find our Love in the Sky.” Coming on the heels of the controversial, but Booth-acclaimed Belong to the World, this freshly-released cut finds Abel Tesfaye crooning innuendo-laced verses over producers DannyBoyStyles, Jason “DaHeala” Quenneville and The Weeknd’s slow-burning synth boardwork. The sampled rainfall that closes the cut fades cleanly into the opening seconds of Weeknd’s previous single, suggesting that they may be sequenced together on the final tracklist. Kiss Land currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
The Weeknd XO, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.