According to Sigmund Freud, flying in dreams is always a veiled reference to sex. (So is almost everything else, but I digress…) The Weeknd follows in the father of psychoanalysis’ footsteps on single number three off his debut set, telling a female companion, “We’ll find our Love in the Sky.” Coming on the heels of the controversial, but Booth-acclaimed Belong to the World, this freshly-released cut finds Abel Tesfaye crooning innuendo-laced verses over producers DannyBoyStyles, Jason “DaHeala” Quenneville and The Weeknd’s slow-burning synth boardwork. The sampled rainfall that closes the cut fades cleanly into the opening seconds of Weeknd’s previous single, suggesting that they may be sequenced together on the final tracklist. Kiss Land currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
In an age when the Internet is the dominant source for new music, it's almost near impossible to get the attention of the masses like it was in the pre-WWW era. Now, you have to bring something fresh to the table on a...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.