Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
A few weeks back, Drake quashed rumors that he and The Weeknd had been beefing, and ignited fan anticipation, by Instagramming a photo of himself in the studio with his OVOXO colleague. Today, we get our first glimpse at the results of those sessions in the form of Live For, a freshly-released standout off Abel Tesfaye’s upcoming major-label debut. Coming on the heels of Booth-approved single selection Love in the Sky, this cut finds Weeknd struggling with the effects of sobriety over DannyBoyStyles and Jason “DaHeala” Quenneville‘s handclap-laced percussion and dreamy guitar arpeggios. Though he’s feeling low, the artist is well enough to contemplate a “threesome [and] then some” with some ladies at the local spot. On the back, Drizzy breaks out the double-time bars as he tantalizes listeners with cryptic reflections on his personal life. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Kiss Land when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, September 10.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Weeknd’s Live For visual.
Written by richard on 09/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.