In light of all The Weeknd‘s music has taught us about his behavior towards sex partners, the title of his Universal Republic debut album seems uncharacteristically tender. After a listen to the freshly-released lead single and title track, however, it seems clear Abel Tesfaye went with “Kiss Land” simply because “Bl*wjob Land” wasn’t going to fly with Wal-Mart. Over Silkky Johnson‘s Chipmunk Soul-meets-horror flick boardwork, the OVO affiliate informs a groupie that he’s “...not really into kisses leading into nothing.” And before you ask, this isn’t another Pyramids; what you’re hearing beginning around 3:55 is actually another record off the LP, John Carpenter. Like the direction Weeknd’s heading with his forthcoming full-length? If so, you can keep it locked to our front page for the latest leading up to Kiss Land‘s as yet-unscheduled arrival on store shelves.
Written by richard on 05/17/13
Submit your Rating
The Weeknd XO, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.