In light of all The Weeknd‘s music has taught us about his behavior towards sex partners, the title of his Universal Republic debut album seems uncharacteristically tender. After a listen to the freshly-released lead single and title track, however, it seems clear Abel Tesfaye went with “Kiss Land” simply because “Bl*wjob Land” wasn’t going to fly with Wal-Mart. Over Silkky Johnson‘s Chipmunk Soul-meets-horror flick boardwork, the OVO affiliate informs a groupie that he’s “...not really into kisses leading into nothing.” And before you ask, this isn’t another Pyramids; what you’re hearing beginning around 3:55 is actually another record off the LP, John Carpenter. Like the direction Weeknd’s heading with his forthcoming full-length? If so, you can keep it locked to our front page for the latest leading up to Kiss Land‘s as yet-unscheduled arrival on store shelves.
Written by richard on 05/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.