In light of all The Weeknd‘s music has taught us about his behavior towards sex partners, the title of his Universal Republic debut album seems uncharacteristically tender. After a listen to the freshly-released lead single and title track, however, it seems clear Abel Tesfaye went with “Kiss Land” simply because “Bl*wjob Land” wasn’t going to fly with Wal-Mart. Over Silkky Johnson‘s Chipmunk Soul-meets-horror flick boardwork, the OVO affiliate informs a groupie that he’s “...not really into kisses leading into nothing.” And before you ask, this isn’t another Pyramids; what you’re hearing beginning around 3:55 is actually another record off the LP, John Carpenter. Like the direction Weeknd’s heading with his forthcoming full-length? If so, you can keep it locked to our front page for the latest leading up to Kiss Land‘s as yet-unscheduled arrival on store shelves.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!