In light of all The Weeknd‘s music has taught us about his behavior towards sex partners, the title of his Universal Republic debut album seems uncharacteristically tender. After a listen to the freshly-released lead single and title track, however, it seems clear Abel Tesfaye went with “Kiss Land” simply because “Bl*wjob Land” wasn’t going to fly with Wal-Mart. Over Silkky Johnson‘s Chipmunk Soul-meets-horror flick boardwork, the OVO affiliate informs a groupie that he’s “...not really into kisses leading into nothing.” And before you ask, this isn’t another Pyramids; what you’re hearing beginning around 3:55 is actually another record off the LP, John Carpenter. Like the direction Weeknd’s heading with his forthcoming full-length? If so, you can keep it locked to our front page for the latest leading up to Kiss Land‘s as yet-unscheduled arrival on store shelves.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.