Think you’re a true fan of The Weeknd just because you’ve fallen in love with Drizzy-assisted smash hit The Zone? Not so fast! In order to officially inscribe your name among the ranks of the devoted, you must first undergo the Initiation. What is this Initiation, you ask? As best as I can tell from this cut, newly-released through the T-dot R&B innovator’s Facebook and Twitter, it involves knocking back outrageous quantities of sizzurp, cognac and rum, smoking some piff and snorting a few “Shakespeare lines” of cocaine. Then, after a little slow-grinding, you go back to finish the party at the singer’s place. Then, he’s gonna call all his boys and… uh, let’s just say that recovering from the gauntlet of debauchery Tesfaye described over Doc McKinney and Illangelo‘s hazily lurching production is likely to require some stomach-pump action, several weeks of bed rest and possibly court-mandated rehab. If you’re crazy enough to consider that a good time (or just enjoy hearing about it secondhand), then keep it locked; while it is as-yet unknown whether Initiation will be appearing on XO’s forthcoming Echoes of Silence project, we’ll keep you posted if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 10/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.