As a rising R&B star poised to drop his debut major-label project, The Weenkd is a busy man. Thus, he’s not about to waste time on friendship; if a female wants to enjoy his company, she’d best be willing to skip the small talk and head straight for the bedroom. A promotional single released to tide fans over in anticipation of his forthcoming debut project, Enemy finds Mr. Tesfaye returning to a few of his perennial favorite topics—sex, alcoholism, and the vicious cycle of guilty pleasure and self-loathing that accompanies his shady behavior toward women—over a moody, piano-led beat by Doc McKinney and Illangelo. In other words, it should be the perfect appetizer for triple-disc debut album Trilogy, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 13, via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)