As a rising R&B star poised to drop his debut major-label project, The Weenkd is a busy man. Thus, he’s not about to waste time on friendship; if a female wants to enjoy his company, she’d best be willing to skip the small talk and head straight for the bedroom. A promotional single released to tide fans over in anticipation of his forthcoming debut project, Enemy finds Mr. Tesfaye returning to a few of his perennial favorite topics—sex, alcoholism, and the vicious cycle of guilty pleasure and self-loathing that accompanies his shady behavior toward women—over a moody, piano-led beat by Doc McKinney and Illangelo. In other words, it should be the perfect appetizer for triple-disc debut album Trilogy, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 13, via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.