As a rising R&B star poised to drop his debut major-label project, The Weenkd is a busy man. Thus, he’s not about to waste time on friendship; if a female wants to enjoy his company, she’d best be willing to skip the small talk and head straight for the bedroom. A promotional single released to tide fans over in anticipation of his forthcoming debut project, Enemy finds Mr. Tesfaye returning to a few of his perennial favorite topics—sex, alcoholism, and the vicious cycle of guilty pleasure and self-loathing that accompanies his shady behavior toward women—over a moody, piano-led beat by Doc McKinney and Illangelo. In other words, it should be the perfect appetizer for triple-disc debut album Trilogy, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 13, via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
The Weeknd XO, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.