As a rising R&B star poised to drop his debut major-label project, The Weenkd is a busy man. Thus, he’s not about to waste time on friendship; if a female wants to enjoy his company, she’d best be willing to skip the small talk and head straight for the bedroom. A promotional single released to tide fans over in anticipation of his forthcoming debut project, Enemy finds Mr. Tesfaye returning to a few of his perennial favorite topics—sex, alcoholism, and the vicious cycle of guilty pleasure and self-loathing that accompanies his shady behavior toward women—over a moody, piano-led beat by Doc McKinney and Illangelo. In other words, it should be the perfect appetizer for triple-disc debut album Trilogy, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 13, via Universal Republic.
Written by richard on 10/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)