Mildly eerie production, lyrics steeped in expensive liquor and lust… Beyoncé‘s latest single bears a number of striking similarities to the work of one Abel Tesfaye. Thus, it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that The Weeknd‘s tried his hand at remixing Drunk in Love. Released yesterday in celebration of the artist’s 24th birthday, the T-Dot repper’s unofficial rendition of the cut places considerably more stress on “drunk” than “love;” over frequent collaborator Doc Mckinney‘s tweaked take on Timbaland‘s original beat, the artist offers readers a window into his sexual fantasies. On verse two, he croons, “Wanna f**k a skinny model right before her runway show / She the one in the back, nose runnin’ from the blow.” How does this debauched rendition stack up against its prototype? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Tesfaye’s plans for 2014 remain up in the air, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.