Mildly eerie production, lyrics steeped in expensive liquor and lust… Beyoncé‘s latest single bears a number of striking similarities to the work of one Abel Tesfaye. Thus, it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise that The Weeknd‘s tried his hand at remixing Drunk in Love. Released yesterday in celebration of the artist’s 24th birthday, the T-Dot repper’s unofficial rendition of the cut places considerably more stress on “drunk” than “love;” over frequent collaborator Doc Mckinney‘s tweaked take on Timbaland‘s original beat, the artist offers readers a window into his sexual fantasies. On verse two, he croons, “Wanna f**k a skinny model right before her runway show / She the one in the back, nose runnin’ from the blow.” How does this debauched rendition stack up against its prototype? That, my friends, is for you to decide. Tesfaye’s plans for 2014 remain up in the air, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.