If you’re anything like me, the title of The Weeknd‘s latest feature will evoke fond memories of slicing/shooting up hordes of rampaging demons. This Devil May Cry, recorded for inclusion in the latest Hunger Games film, isn’t quite as action-packed as its video game namesake, but fans of the alt-R&B mainstay’s moody, pensive style are sure to appreciate what he brings to the table here. An unknown beatsmith’s slow-burning guitar arpeggios accompany Mr. Tesfaye as he croons portentious lyrics obliquely referencing the movie’s plotline. A sweeping instrumental “hook” accents the joint’s cinematic vibe. Feeling it? More awaits on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire‘s soundtrack LP, scheduled to drop November 19. The film’s theatrical release will follow three days later, on the 22nd.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)