If you’re anything like me, the title of The Weeknd‘s latest feature will evoke fond memories of slicing/shooting up hordes of rampaging demons. This Devil May Cry, recorded for inclusion in the latest Hunger Games film, isn’t quite as action-packed as its video game namesake, but fans of the alt-R&B mainstay’s moody, pensive style are sure to appreciate what he brings to the table here. An unknown beatsmith’s slow-burning guitar arpeggios accompany Mr. Tesfaye as he croons portentious lyrics obliquely referencing the movie’s plotline. A sweeping instrumental “hook” accents the joint’s cinematic vibe. Feeling it? More awaits on The Hunger Games: Catching Fire‘s soundtrack LP, scheduled to drop November 19. The film’s theatrical release will follow three days later, on the 22nd.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
The Weeknd XO, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Morning" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.