After introducing themselves in June of 2011 with the reader-acclaimed Gold Digger, Utah-based live-band crew The Vibrant Sound soared off into the ether and haven’t appeared in the Booth since. What goes up, however, must come down—so it was just a matter of time before they landed on our front page with another fresh record. In contrast to the aforementioned joint’s alternative vibe, new single Gravity (Gotta Fly) showcases a more pop-minded side of the crew’s aesthetic. A pulsing, keyboard-led groove by outside producers Wild Children backs frontman McKay Stevens as he narrates his struggle to break free of the forces keeping him earthbound. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this catchy cut, along with the group’s debut feature and many more quality jams, on The Vibrant Sound’s self-titled studio album, due out in June.
Written by richard on 03/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.