After introducing themselves in June of 2011 with the reader-acclaimed Gold Digger, Utah-based live-band crew The Vibrant Sound soared off into the ether and haven’t appeared in the Booth since. What goes up, however, must come down—so it was just a matter of time before they landed on our front page with another fresh record. In contrast to the aforementioned joint’s alternative vibe, new single Gravity (Gotta Fly) showcases a more pop-minded side of the crew’s aesthetic. A pulsing, keyboard-led groove by outside producers Wild Children backs frontman McKay Stevens as he narrates his struggle to break free of the forces keeping him earthbound. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this catchy cut, along with the group’s debut feature and many more quality jams, on The Vibrant Sound’s self-titled studio album, due out in June.
Written by richard on 03/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.