After introducing themselves in June of 2011 with the reader-acclaimed Gold Digger, Utah-based live-band crew The Vibrant Sound soared off into the ether and haven’t appeared in the Booth since. What goes up, however, must come down—so it was just a matter of time before they landed on our front page with another fresh record. In contrast to the aforementioned joint’s alternative vibe, new single Gravity (Gotta Fly) showcases a more pop-minded side of the crew’s aesthetic. A pulsing, keyboard-led groove by outside producers Wild Children backs frontman McKay Stevens as he narrates his struggle to break free of the forces keeping him earthbound. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this catchy cut, along with the group’s debut feature and many more quality jams, on The Vibrant Sound’s self-titled studio album, due out in June.
Written by richard on 03/17/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.