Watch out, Red & Meth—there’s a new East Coast duo in town! Each a rap heavyweight in his own right, Keith Murray and Canibus have joined forces to form The Undergods. On 129, the first leaked track from the twosome’s forthcoming debut album, Canibus and Murray enlist the production services of equally renowned hip-hop vet Erick Sermon, spitting fire over a tortured funk riff interspersed with occasional slivers of strings. The beat tends to hang in the back like a boxing coach yelling from behind the ropes; this cut is clearly a showcase for both rappers’ skills on the mic. Canibus and Murray work together like a true tag-team duo, each complementing the other’s style without hogging the spotlight. If this backbreaking lyrical beatdown has got you itching for more of the Undergods’ two-fisted jams, keep it locked to the Booth for release details on the twosome’s yet-untitled LP.
Written by Dr. D on 06/28/09
Submit your Rating
Sound Records & Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.