The Royal Proclamation of 1763, the Proclamation of abolishment of the monarchy, the Emancipation Proclamation—each a major event whose reverberations continue to this day. Today, we’re proud to bring our readers a document of comparable historical value: the latest promo single from The Underachievers. Titled simply “The Proclamation,” this cut formally decrees AK and Issa Dash‘s dominion over the game: “All ya life they said you ain’t gone be sh*t / Indigo soul, we run this b**tch.” Nick Lewis backs their bars with a sample from the Rolling Stones’ Gimme Shelter, and director YASHANA ties the package together with an official video shot at Coney Island and other NYC haunts. (In a shot that would warm Ron Paul’s heart, they even flip the bird to the Federal Reserve of New York.) This joint is unattached to any larger project, but fans should watch our pages for details on The Undercachievers’ forthcoming collaborative set with producer Lex Luger.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.