The Royal Proclamation of 1763, the Proclamation of abolishment of the monarchy, the Emancipation Proclamation—each a major event whose reverberations continue to this day. Today, we’re proud to bring our readers a document of comparable historical value: the latest promo single from The Underachievers. Titled simply “The Proclamation,” this cut formally decrees AK and Issa Dash‘s dominion over the game: “All ya life they said you ain’t gone be sh*t / Indigo soul, we run this b**tch.” Nick Lewis backs their bars with a sample from the Rolling Stones’ Gimme Shelter, and director YASHANA ties the package together with an official video shot at Coney Island and other NYC haunts. (In a shot that would warm Ron Paul’s heart, they even flip the bird to the Federal Reserve of New York.) This joint is unattached to any larger project, but fans should watch our pages for details on The Undercachievers’ forthcoming collaborative set with producer Lex Luger.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.