The Royal Proclamation of 1763, the Proclamation of abolishment of the monarchy, the Emancipation Proclamation—each a major event whose reverberations continue to this day. Today, we’re proud to bring our readers a document of comparable historical value: the latest promo single from The Underachievers. Titled simply “The Proclamation,” this cut formally decrees AK and Issa Dash‘s dominion over the game: “All ya life they said you ain’t gone be sh*t / Indigo soul, we run this b**tch.” Nick Lewis backs their bars with a sample from the Rolling Stones’ Gimme Shelter, and director YASHANA ties the package together with an official video shot at Coney Island and other NYC haunts. (In a shot that would warm Ron Paul’s heart, they even flip the bird to the Federal Reserve of New York.) This joint is unattached to any larger project, but fans should watch our pages for details on The Undercachievers’ forthcoming collaborative set with producer Lex Luger.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.