The Royal Proclamation of 1763, the Proclamation of abolishment of the monarchy, the Emancipation Proclamation—each a major event whose reverberations continue to this day. Today, we’re proud to bring our readers a document of comparable historical value: the latest promo single from The Underachievers. Titled simply “The Proclamation,” this cut formally decrees AK and Issa Dash‘s dominion over the game: “All ya life they said you ain’t gone be sh*t / Indigo soul, we run this b**tch.” Nick Lewis backs their bars with a sample from the Rolling Stones’ Gimme Shelter, and director YASHANA ties the package together with an official video shot at Coney Island and other NYC haunts. (In a shot that would warm Ron Paul’s heart, they even flip the bird to the Federal Reserve of New York.) This joint is unattached to any larger project, but fans should watch our pages for details on The Undercachievers’ forthcoming collaborative set with producer Lex Luger.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)