The Royal Proclamation of 1763, the Proclamation of abolishment of the monarchy, the Emancipation Proclamation—each a major event whose reverberations continue to this day. Today, we’re proud to bring our readers a document of comparable historical value: the latest promo single from The Underachievers. Titled simply “The Proclamation,” this cut formally decrees AK and Issa Dash‘s dominion over the game: “All ya life they said you ain’t gone be sh*t / Indigo soul, we run this b**tch.” Nick Lewis backs their bars with a sample from the Rolling Stones’ Gimme Shelter, and director YASHANA ties the package together with an official video shot at Coney Island and other NYC haunts. (In a shot that would warm Ron Paul’s heart, they even flip the bird to the Federal Reserve of New York.) This joint is unattached to any larger project, but fans should watch our pages for details on The Undercachievers’ forthcoming collaborative set with producer Lex Luger.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.