Have you ever heard the English phrase, “don’t judge a book by its cover”? Well, if you’ve ever questioned its validity, then I would tell you to look no further than Land of Lords by The Underachievers as supporting evidence. While their stage name might suggest a lackluster listening experience, Lands of Lords is, in fact, a very solid introduction for the duo to The DJBooth. Armed with a chiming, horn-based production from Taleil Brown, the New York twosome slice and dice the track with a relentless firing of lines that build momentum with each delivered bar. The smooth production, combined with the pair’s rough flows, gives the song selection a distinct flavor, which fans of old-school hip-hop will undoubtedly savor. Indigoism, on which you will find Land Of Lords, was released last week and is available for free download.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.