The Underachievers haven’t been spotted on our pages since last July, when the Flatbush duo stepped into the Booth with Stones-inspired promo cut The Proclamation, but you shouldn’t take their absence as a sign of complacency. On new single Felicity, AK and Issa showcase the same passion and drive that were evident on the aforementioned jam, filtering their aspirational bars through a thick layer of trippy spirituality. Nick Leone & The Ruby Suns provide an expansive synth backdrop for their lyrical interplay. Cellar Door: Terminus Ut Exordium is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, August 22. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for more fresh singles.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.