The Underachievers haven’t been spotted on our pages since last July, when the Flatbush duo stepped into the Booth with Stones-inspired promo cut The Proclamation, but you shouldn’t take their absence as a sign of complacency. On new single Felicity, AK and Issa showcase the same passion and drive that were evident on the aforementioned jam, filtering their aspirational bars through a thick layer of trippy spirituality. Nick Leone & The Ruby Suns provide an expansive synth backdrop for their lyrical interplay. Cellar Door: Terminus Ut Exordium is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, August 22. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for more fresh singles.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)