The Underachievers haven’t been spotted on our pages since last July, when the Flatbush duo stepped into the Booth with Stones-inspired promo cut The Proclamation, but you shouldn’t take their absence as a sign of complacency. On new single Felicity, AK and Issa showcase the same passion and drive that were evident on the aforementioned jam, filtering their aspirational bars through a thick layer of trippy spirituality. Nick Leone & The Ruby Suns provide an expansive synth backdrop for their lyrical interplay. Cellar Door: Terminus Ut Exordium is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, August 22. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for more fresh singles.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.