The Underachievers haven’t been spotted on our pages since last July, when the Flatbush duo stepped into the Booth with Stones-inspired promo cut The Proclamation, but you shouldn’t take their absence as a sign of complacency. On new single Felicity, AK and Issa showcase the same passion and drive that were evident on the aforementioned jam, filtering their aspirational bars through a thick layer of trippy spirituality. Nick Leone & The Ruby Suns provide an expansive synth backdrop for their lyrical interplay. Cellar Door: Terminus Ut Exordium is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, August 22. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for more fresh singles.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.