“Prince Williams ain’t do it right, if you ask me. If I was him I would’ve married Kate and Ashley.” Since it’s now official that Ni**as in Paris is one of the two new singles from Watch The Throne, I figured it would only be proper to go ahead and get out one of my favorite lines from the song out there. Although when I think about it, this one song has almost as many great “oh sh*t!” moments as the rest of the album tracks combined: from the fish filet to Blades of Glory to a hard as rock Jay-Z verse, this one has it all. Hit-Boy and Kanye West do their thing on the board-work, which shows once again that just about everything on the album went through the Ye filter, and for the better; you think HB would break down the finale like that if he solo’d this? Any way you swing it, throwing this record in the spotlight will only help Mr. Carter and West respectively, maybe even so much that they can now retire the ridiculous group name. I know you’ve heard it already, but enjoy it again at your own will before it’s forced upon you by every radio station on the FM. As always, keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 09/8/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.