After hearing The Swapmeet Ensemble encourage listeners to GET MAD! about social and economic injustice on their first Booth feature, readers might glance at the title of their latest leak and assume that their newest leak is a polemic against U.S. military adventures. Not quite—Modern Warfare does find the Oakland natives calling for a cease-fire, but the field of battle is not a sandy region overseas but a family home. A Booth-exclusive world premiere, Silence DemALL and Poach Stevens’ latest mixtape single puts a fresh spin on the oft-employed analogy between love and combat; with Stevens and Poorman Dre‘s low-key, lightly bluesy piano chords ringing in the back, the duo paint a vivid lyrical portrait of romantic discord, dropping verses laced with deft martial imagery (along with the occasional controversial statement: ”Our differences is kinda like religion / If we threw ‘em out the window we’d probably go on livin’.”). Topped off with Freshmen emcee Kristo‘s fresh guest rhymes and the gentle chorus vocals of Frisco singer Rae Rosario, this heartfelt cut is one of many fresh selections set to appear on the crew’s Booth-sponsored One Man’s Trash… project, due out October 10.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"GET MAD!" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.