After hearing The Swapmeet Ensemble encourage listeners to GET MAD! about social and economic injustice on their first Booth feature, readers might glance at the title of their latest leak and assume that their newest leak is a polemic against U.S. military adventures. Not quite—Modern Warfare does find the Oakland natives calling for a cease-fire, but the field of battle is not a sandy region overseas but a family home. A Booth-exclusive world premiere, Silence DemALL and Poach Stevens’ latest mixtape single puts a fresh spin on the oft-employed analogy between love and combat; with Stevens and Poorman Dre‘s low-key, lightly bluesy piano chords ringing in the back, the duo paint a vivid lyrical portrait of romantic discord, dropping verses laced with deft martial imagery (along with the occasional controversial statement: ”Our differences is kinda like religion / If we threw ‘em out the window we’d probably go on livin’.”). Topped off with Freshmen emcee Kristo‘s fresh guest rhymes and the gentle chorus vocals of Frisco singer Rae Rosario, this heartfelt cut is one of many fresh selections set to appear on the crew’s Booth-sponsored One Man’s Trash… project, due out October 10.
Written by richard on 08/29/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"GET MAD!" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.