Talent is important, but without hunger and drive you won’t get anywhere in this business. On The Campaign, Michigan-bred duo The Specktators show us that they definitely have the talent, as well as the passion and hunger. Moe-T, the group’s resident beatsmith, cooks up an energetic, echoing instrumental that is the perfect complement to collaborator Packi’s charismatic flow. On the mic, with a tangible desire in his voice, Packi lets us know that he is determined to get to the top no matter what, even if it means leaving a special lady in the rear view mirror. Sucks for her, but you must follow your dreams, right? For more exuberant, hungry hip-hop, check out the group’s debut album, The Parlay, due out in December.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/14/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)