Talent is important, but without hunger and drive you won’t get anywhere in this business. On The Campaign, Michigan-bred duo The Specktators show us that they definitely have the talent, as well as the passion and hunger. Moe-T, the group’s resident beatsmith, cooks up an energetic, echoing instrumental that is the perfect complement to collaborator Packi’s charismatic flow. On the mic, with a tangible desire in his voice, Packi lets us know that he is determined to get to the top no matter what, even if it means leaving a special lady in the rear view mirror. Sucks for her, but you must follow your dreams, right? For more exuberant, hungry hip-hop, check out the group’s debut album, The Parlay, due out in December.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/14/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.