As you probably know, Oddisee is an exceptional producer. He is even up for a Best Of the Booth award for Best Producer of 2012. However, it appears as though he’d like to be considered for Best Emcee, too. The DMV artist/producer has teamed up with Australian producer The Silent Titan to bring fans In The Middle. This jazzy, vintage jam, part of the Aussie’s Outer Circle Movements LP, features an understated, fuzzy beat over which Oddisee flexes his lyrical muscles with a laidback flow. While outstanding, the emcee’s flow does not overshadow Titan’s beautiful arrangement, which is powerful enough to stand on its own. For more refreshing production, purchase Silent Titan’s Outer Circle Movements LP, which includes guest features from Prince Po, M.E.D., Rock (Heltah Skeltah) and more and is available now via iTunes.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.